Tips for Visiting
When is the best time to visit?
- Regular hours are Tuesday - Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Historic Campbell House is open for guided tours Tuesday through Friday at 12 p.m, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m. For available tour times, please inquire with our Visitor Services staff upon arrival. Open House format is available 12pm to 4pm Saturday and Sunday. A tour of Campbell House is included with your regular admission price (no charge to Museum members). Tour capacity is 16 visitors. Please check in at Admissions to schedule your tour. Learn more about scheduling School Visits to the Campbell House. The house undergoes an annual cleaning in early January. Please call admissions at 509-363-5355 before planning a visit to the house during this time.
- During the school year, large groups of school children often visit the museum Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Museum is closed on most major holidays, except New Years Day. You can view the current year schedule on our Hours & Admissions page. Campbell House availability may vary during holiday hours.
Approximately how long does it take to go through the Museum?
Duration of visits will vary based on individual interests and whether you visit Campbell House, the Museum Store, and the Cafe. We have five exhibit galleries and the Campbell House Activity Center (Carriage House). Campbell House tours are approximately 50 minutes long.
Are there any personal items that are prohibited in the galleries?
To maintain a safe environment for all our guests, we require that the following personal items be left in your vehicle or our storage lockers near the Cafe that require a 25 cent refundable deposit (quarters only).
- Large Handbags
- Food or Drink
May I take pictures in the Museum?
- Personal use photos and videography is authorized throughout the Museum complex, unless otherwise posted. Restricted areas will have placards posted to inform our guests of photography restrictions.
- The use of tripods or commercial photography must be pre-approved. Please call (509) 363-5335 for assistance.
What type of weather can I expect during my visit to the Spokane area?
Weather-related information on this site will help you plan your visit.
Where can I find more information about Spokane, Washington?
- For more information about Spokane, Washington, please check the Visit Spokane website. Or, phone 888-SPOKANE for the Spokane Visitor’s Center or 509-624-1341 for the main office of the Spokane Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- For information on Museum exhibits and events, call us at (509) 456-3931 or email email@example.com.