How do I become a Member of the Museum?
- It's easy. See our membership levels or join online here. Or call our membership office at 509-363-5321.
Where does my membership money go?
- Your annual membership directly funds exhibitions, educational programs and events, and helps to preserve and make the Museum's collections accessible to the community.
Is the Museum a non-profit organization?
- The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture under the Eastern Washington State Historical Society, is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as an organization exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
Can I give a Membership as a gift?
- Yes! Visit the Admissions Desk to purchase a Gift Membership, or fill out our online membership form here, and check "this membership is a gift."
Will I receive a membership card?
- In order to reduce museum costs, only Smithsonian level memberships and above will receive a card. If you prefer to have a card you can call our Membership office at 509-363-5321 to request one. Otherwise, simply check in with our friendly Visitor Services staff at the start of your visit, letting them know you are a member, and they will check you in with our database.
How do I make a donation to the Museum?
- You may make a secure, fully tax-deductible, online donation here; by calling the Development Department at (509) 363-5321 and using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card; by visiting the Museum Admissions Desk, or by mailing a check made payable to the the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture Foundation.
- Donors may deduct contributions to the Museum as provided in section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. Bequests, legacies, devises, transfers, or gifts to the Museum or for its use are deductible for federal estate and gift tax purposes if they meet the applicable provisions of sections 2055, 2106, and 2522 of the Code.
How can I find out if my company matches the contributions that I make to the Museum?
- By visiting your Human Resources department and requesting a matching gift form. Your company's matching gift form will provide full information on eligibility and program limitations.