Artist Submission Guidelines
The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture is accepting submissions from established artists whose work will help to further our mission: to actively engage all people in the appreciation of arts and culture through collections stewardship, exhibits, and programs that educate and entertain.
Please use the Artist Submission Guidelines for Exhibitions as your guide for submittal requirements and for a description of our current exhibition spaces.
These guidelines are NOT for submittal of consignment in the Museum Store. Please contact the Store directly for inquiry on consignment sales:firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal review of all submissions is conducted annually around March 1, July 1 & November 1.
The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture is accepting submissions from established living visual artists whose work will help to further our mission: to actively engage all people in the appreciation of arts and culture through collections stewardship, exhibits, and programs that educate and entertain.
The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture has several exhibition spaces where artwork is displayed; artists are encouraged to apply to the following spaces (although additional spaces may be considered from time to time, including but not limited to the campus exterior grounds):
Exhibit Hall – Gallery C (2080 square feet)
The Exhibit Hall has adjustable lighting on ceiling track, sheet rock walls for hanging with nails, assorted locking vitrines, privacy and security closure for set-up and de-installation, climate controlled space, and is a secure setting. Wall spaces available include:
- 30’ length x 10’ height
- 62.5’ length x 10’ height
- 32’ length x 10’ height
- 30’ length x 10’ height
- Four available mobile wall sections totaling 20 linear feet each (front and back)
Some areas are designed to receive portions of exhibits. Art must be weather resistant and display is at the artist's own risk given the urban surrounding.
At times, The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture will initiate a formal Request for Proposals (RFP) for specific shows.
To submit your works for review please include the following:
- Résumé including full contact information (phone number, address, e-mail), artist statement, biography, web site (if applicable), and listing of exhibitions and awards.
- Up to 10 digital or print images of current work (produced within the last 2 years; no slides).
- Digital images (jpegs) on CD at a maximum size of 2 MB or 300 dpi.
- Please include title, dimensions, medium, and retail price or value of each piece. Exhibit commission of sales is 15%.
- 80% of works must be for sale or have accompanying collateral material for sale through the Museum Store. Store commission varies and is negotiated with Store Manager.
- If you must submit printed images, please label each with the above information.
- Up to three flyers, postcards, or other marketing collateral from previous shows (optional).
- Short project description that addresses the following:
- Which space you are applying to (Gallery C, outdoor landscape or other) and how you would utilize or engage the space.
- How you feel your work connects with the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture’s mission statement.
- What kind of resources will you need to complete and install your work(s).
- What kind of events or educational programs you envision being programmed with your work, if any.
- How working with the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture would further your artistic goals.
- Artist must reside in Eastern or Western Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia to show works at the Museum. Please list any areas that currently carry, house, or show your work (if applicable), and the facilities that have shown your work in the past.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) large enough and with sufficient postage for the return of materials if you wish to have them returned. We will not add extra postage to the return envelope, return work at our expense, or hold work to be picked up. The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture will make every attempt to safeguard submitted materials, but cannot be responsible for loss or damage. Never send master images or materials.
Submit materials to:
Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture
2316 W. First Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99201
Attn: Art Submissions DME
Artists’ submissions will be juried by a selection committee.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, it is not unusual for it to take more than several weeks to respond. We appreciate your interest and thank you for your submission.
Click HERE for DOWNLOAD of Submission Guidelines.