Multiple sessions available from Sat 13 May 2017 to Sun 14 May 2017
What: Museum's 28th Annual Mother's Day Tour
When: Saturday, May 13, and Sunday, May 14, 2017 (12 p.m. – 5 p.m. either day)
Tour Theme: Historic Native Rock Structures
Cost: $15 Per Ticket for Museum Members; $20 Non-Members
Purchase Tickets Online: [HERE]
Tour Description: Enjoy one of Spokane's great traditions and a cornerstone of Mother's Day weekend for many families by participating in this year’s fabulous historic native rock structures driving tour. Rocks and stone are some of the most ancient and durable of building materials, and Spokane County’s granite, basalt, and cobblestone structures and landscapes are visible reminders of our fire and ice past. Come explore how Spokane County's geological history helped shape its architectural identity.
Historic native rock structures included on this tour include: Glover Mansion, Westminster Congregational Church, C.C. Koerner House, Ralston & Sarah Wilbur House, Vera Water and Power Well House, Blakely Gardens, and Royal Riblet Mansion Grounds (now Arbor Crest Winery). *Individual tour site addresses and a physical map plus QR Codes (*QR Codes access requires a QR Code Scanner mobile app. downloaded on your smartphone, which you may download onto your phone free of charge from many online sites) to each site’s precise locations will be included in your tour booklet. Tour booklets also serve as your admission ticket. Sign boards with balloons will be placed at each tour site to show precise site locations as well as to indicate designated free parking areas, where applicable.
Important Tour-Related Information For You To Know About (Please Read Carefully):
- This tour focuses primarily on viewing the exteriors of these fabulous historic native rock structures. As such, not all of the tour sites interiors (as has been the practice for most of our past Mother's Day Tours) are relevant to the tour's thematic experience and will not be open to visit. Sites where tour guests will have access to the tour structures interiors, and specific interior viewing times, will be clearly indicated in the tour booklet.
- This tour involves spending time outdoors and includes some walking so please consider weather conditions and wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- This tour is designed as a driving tour with sites located on Spokane’s South Hill and in the Spokane Valley, so feel free to split your tour experience over both days if preferred. Additionally, once you have received your tour booklet, while we will provide a driving route suggestion for the tour, you are welcome to take the tour in the order you personally prefer.
- Two of the tour sites, Glover Mansion and Royal Riblet Mansion Grounds (now Arbor Crest Winery), are commercial establishments and will be open each tour day from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. for you to purchase refreshments, snacks, and adult beverages (must be 21 years-of- age and over with valid ID). They will also have restrooms available.
- Arbor Crest Winery requires all visitors on its property to be 21 years-of-age or older. Thus if you have guests with you on the tour under 21 years-of-age please note that they will not be able to visit this site with you.
Three Ways to Purchase Tickets and to Receive Your Tour Booklet(s):
- Online: The Museum strongly encourages the online purchasing of your tour tickets (see link to purchasing below) for ease of processing registrations and payments, guest time considerations, as well as expediting check-ins and tour booklet distributions the weekend of the tour. (Online ticket purchasing is not available the tour weekend and ends Friday, May 12, 2017.) Those purchasing tickets online may pick-up their tour booklets (booklets also serve as your admission ticket) at the following locations. The weekend of the tour at one of our two designed registration and check-in tour locations: (1) Glover Mansion. Please park your vehicle in the Providence Medical Center's Clinic Building parking lot, which is located at 820 S. McClellan (free parking available) just off of W. 9th Street and directly above and to the southeast of the Glover Mansion on Spokane's lower South Hill. (2) The visitor parking lot at VERA Water and Power, 601 N Evergreen Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99216. (3) The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture, 2316 W. First Ave., Spokane, WA. 99201, at the Museum's admissions desk the following dates and times ONLY: Tuesday, May 9, Thursday, May 11, and Friday, May 12 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.).Purchase Tickets Online [HERE]
- At Either of Our Two Designated Tour Registration and Check-In Locations the Weekend of the Tour (May 13 & 14, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. each day): (1) Glover Mansion. To access the check-in location at the Mansion park your vehicle in the Providence Medical Center's Clinic Building's parking lot, 820 S. McClellan (free parking available), which is located just off of W. 9th Street and directly above and to the southeast of the Glover Mansion on Spokane's lower South Hill. (2) The visitor main parking lot at VERA Water and Power, 601 N Evergreen Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99216.
- At the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture's Admissions Desk on the Following Days and Times Only: Tuesday, May 9, Thursday, May 11, and Friday, May 12 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and Wednesday, May 10, 2017, (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.), 2316 W. First Ave., Spokane, WA, 99201.
If you have additional questions about this year’s Mother’s Day Tour, contact the Museum’s Adult Education Programs and Events Manager, David M Brum, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 509.363-5324. General questions can also be directed to our Visitor Services staff at Visitor.Services@northwestmuseum.org, or 509.363.5355.
*The Museum thanks Spokane's Authentic Restoration Services, Inc. for serving as a sponsor to this year’s Mother’s Day Tour.
Mother's Day Tour
Sat 13 May 201712:00 PM - 5:00 PMAdd to calendar
Mother's Day Tour
Sun 14 May 201712:00 PM - 5:00 PMAdd to calendar